Friday 18 May 2012

Decor Choice: Chillout Zone

Hey style choicers! As you've probably noticed, I've been doing less posts lately. I was stressing myself out trying to find something to post about every day, so I decided to do them less regularly, so check the blog every day! I'll try and come up with a posting schedule soon, but for the moment, I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to post every day. I've been inspired by interior design, so I'm going to be starting a new series called Decor Choice. I know, it's a terrible name, but if you have a better name, please let me know. Each post will have a new theme, and todays is the perfect 'chillout' area.

You want to feel completely relaxed in your chillout zone, so you want to use calm colours. Stick to whites, blues and pastels. Give the room a theme that makes you happy and feel calm, like the ocean, or nature.

Use things like bean bags, hanging chairs, and stereos to make the room enjoyable to hang out in. You want it to be practical aswell though. Make sure you keep it uncluttered. Clutter stresses people out, and that'll put a downer on your mood. Keep cd racks with calming music around, and be sure to have a snack area or mini fridge, incase you get peckish!

Use decorations that make you smile. Things like picture frames, posters, white boards, flowers, whatever you want! But make sure you don't over-do it.

I hope you enjoyed this Decor Choice post! Let me know if you like it and want more posts like this!

Thanks for reading! ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment