Saturday 3 December 2011

Knitwear

Happy Saturday everyone! It's only 22 days! I don't even have to tell you what day it is in 22 days! =D I've mentioned plenty before that knitwear is really in at the moment, except I've never really told you what kind of knitwear to buy. Knitwear is everywear. You can get fine knits, which is where the cotton or viscose is thin, and doesn't really feel like what you'd think of when you think of knitwear, but it is. This is usually used on normal cardigans. Then you have your medium knits. These are the ones where you can tell it's knitwear, and it usually is made with viscose or acrylic. Usually, knit dresses, some cardigans and some jumpers are made from medium knits. Alot of the time, the piece will have patterns in the fabric, and this is because in fine knits, the fabric is too thin and in chunky knits, the fabric is too thick (Patterns doesn't count the patterns they put on the fabric using colour, I'm talking about patterns engraved in the fabric). That brings us on to the third category, which is chunky knits. This is your big fat jumpers and cardigans. These are usually made of acrylic and/or wool.









(Sorry, I had some trouble finding a chunky knit online, but you can find them in punkyfish, topshop, and other good clothing stores)


Now you know what kind of knits your looking for, do you need to know how to wear them? Send me an email or leave me a comment telling me whether you want me to do a post on how to wear knits!

Thank you for reading! ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment