Thursday 23 February 2012

Confessions of a Shoeaholic!

Hey style choicers! I decided to do the youtube tag 'Confessions of a shoeaholic' right here on Style Choice! I know this is my second day of shoe posts, but I promise you, tomorrow will be something different. Please let me know if you want me to do more tags! And if you want, feel free to do the tag in the comments below!

1. Heels or flats?

I love heels, I'm a sucker for a pair of killer heels, but I do tend to wear alot of flats, just for comfort etc. I'm also a big fan of wedges.


2. What are your go-to shoes?

I have 2, sorry if thats cheating! But it really depends on the outfit.
£24.99 from New Look
£24.99 from New Look


3. What's your favourite shoe trend?

I love loafers, sadly, I haven't got my hands on a pair yet! I'm dying for a pair of loafers in coral pink or turquiose!


4. What's your least favourite shoe trend?

I've got to say, I'm really not a fan of the 'flatform shoes' that have come along. They seem to 70's for my taste.


5. What's your most expensive shoe?

Well, I'm not a big splurger when it comes to shoes alot of the time. Most of my shoes range from £15-£30, but my most expensive shoes I own are my converse.
(Prices vary, can be sold from lots of different stores)


6. What are your most wanted pair?

I am dying for a pair of Christian Louboutin's. They're so expensive, but they're so gorgeous! It's on my list of goals to own a pair of shoes that cost more than £200. (But quite low down on the list, I'm not shallow!)


7. What's your most embarresing shoe story?

Well this doesn't have much to do with the actual shoe, but I'll always remember this because my friends and I love to look back at this and always have a bit of a chuckle. When I was in my first year of senior school (Thats middle school in America) I'd just bought some new shoes, and I was still breaking them in, so my feet were in alot of pain, so I took them off. It was a nice dry summer day, and me and my friends were the only people who hung out in that area during lunch time, so I didn't think it would be a problem. Then, two of my friends decided to play catch with my shoe. It started off as just a harmful game, but then one of them accidently threw my shoe on a roof of a (luckily) one story building. My friends then decided to drag over a trash can, and were planning to stand on that to try to get it back, but a teacher walked past and told them off. Then they tried standing on eachothers shoulders. Another fail. We ended up having to get site management to get a ladder and get it down for me. Good times =D


8. Pick a shoe and tell a story.

This is a story about the black lace up wedge boots that I showed you a picture of earlier. I asked for a pair of boots for Christmas from my parents, but my mom didn't know what colour to get me in the boots she found that she thought I'd like (They came in black, brown and grey.) She was completely stumped, but then later on, I didn't realise she was going to get me the boots, and I went to her that evening: "I really need a pair of black ankle boots to match this outfit!" and so she got me the black. That was the most boring story ever, but I couldn't think of a better one to be honest.


9. How many pairs of shoes do you own?

Probably around 20, but I'm not in the mood to count specifics.


10.  When was the first time you wore heels?

When I was 3-7, I used to love wearing my moms shoes around the house. I've always been a bit of a girly girl, and I always dreamed of the day I'd get my own pair of heels. The first day I wore a pair of heels that actually fit me was when I was 11, I got a pair of kitten heels for Christmas. I was so excited at the time ☺


11. How much do you spend on shoes?

I answered this earlier but I'll answer again. Usually around £15-£30.


12. Where are your favourite places to buy shoes?

New Look, Salt & Pepper (4feetshoes.com), other than that I like to do research and look at lots of different places for shoes, because that way, you can look further than a few stores to find the perfect shoes in the perfect price.


13. Do you have a pair of shoes you regret purchasing?

Yeah, I purchased a pair of grey ankle boots, but they're so hard to wear! They're adorable, but not practical for everyday use because I don't wear much grey.


14. Show your favourite pair of shoes.

Christian Siriano (For Payless) I bought them in America for $49 on my yearly visit. Converted into pounds that is £31.27, which is over my very low limit, but I wear them really often.


Thanks for reading! ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment