Hey style choicers! This is the 100th post on this blog! I know! Crazy! So I decided to do a special post with 25 style tips. (Sorry I haven't posted in a few days, I wanted to wait until I had a lot of time to post this.) Some of them I've used before but some of them are new ☺
1. Colour blocking is such a daring trend, yet so easy to pull off! Good colours to colour block: Orange & pink. Yellow & blue. Pink & blue. Purple & orange. Orange & blue. It's a great trend for spring and summer!
2. Customize some plain platform pumps by adding gems, sequins, studs, paint or glitter to the platform and heel for a fun or edgy look!
This is the kind of look you'll achieve.
£30 from boohoo.com
3. Wearing the same coloured tights and shoes will always elongate your legs!
4. Adding a waist belt pulls you in at the waist and gives you a perfect hourglass figure!
5. Midi dresses elongate girls who are already tall, but they shorten smaller girls, so only wear a midi dress if you feel like you're tall enough.
6. You can make your own toe cap shoes! All you need is some waterproof paint in a contrasting colour to the shoe. This will give your shoes some character.
7. Wedges give you a summery feel, make you taller, and yet keep your feet comfy! They're a shoesential!
8. You can make an outfit inspired by anything from a song, to a flower! Look and listen for inspirations in the world around you. You never know what kind of outfits you can make if you branch out.
9. Have confidence in what you're wearing. Everything else will think you look great if you do! Stand up tall and smile. It's the best way to show off your outfit!
10. Use your hair to transfer the whole look of an outfit. With your hair, you can an outfit from rocker to girly!
11. Try something different and use jewellery/accessories as the focal point of your outfit. You can make it edgy or girly, or even ground breaking! If you're going to do this, keep the outfit simple.
12. Channel your personality through your outfit. If your personality is carefree and fun, channel it through what you're wearing.
13. If you're wearing a slightly more revealing top, cover yourself up at the bottom, and vice versa, so you aren't showing too much skin.
14. Mix together fun and sophisticated. It's daring, but looks great if you pull it off!
15. Fedoras are the cutest addition to a summery outfit, and yet, they protect you're face from burning! (That means less wrinkles!)
16. Mix masculine and feminine together for young and fun look!
17. Add fun hints of colour to a dark outfit, like some red heels or a hot pink necklace. You don't want too plain, so this is a good way of making your outfit more interesting while still keeping the same mood to the outfit.
18. Don't over-do the prints. You don't want to look like a travelling circus. 1 or 2 is enough to make your outfit original but still practical.
19. Off the shoulder tops are flirty and gorgeous, and show a little bit of skin, but not too much, so you aren't left feeling too exposed. They're a perfect item for the spring and summer!
20. Make sure you always have the staple items in your closet. This consists of: Plain tank tops. A little black dress. Some simple black heels. A pair of well fitted jeans. A pair of brown or black boots. Plain t-shirts. Some neutral waist belts. Some neutral tights. A leather jacket. A black skirt. A little black or brown bag.
21. Try and find some pastel coloured cropped jeans for the spring. They're fun, feminine, and easy to wear! And they'll probably never go out of fashion!
22. Chiffon and denim go great together. The contrast between the fabrics makes the chiffon less dressy but the denim more dressy. It's a perfect balance, and yet, so stylish!
23. It's a good idea for the spring and summer to have bright coloured knits to wear for those cooler summer nights, when you want to stay warm, but to avoid looking like it's gona back to the winter again!
24. It looks so cute to pair your sandals with a floral dress. It's the most classic yet gorgeous summer-time outfit, and it'll never go out of fashion!
25. Be yourself. Don't wear anything just because it's a trend if you wouldn't wear it if it wasn't a trend. Don't stay in your comfort zone, but don't put yourself where you don't feel comfortable (big difference!)
Did you make it this far? Well done haha
I hope you enjoyed this post. It was pretty long and hard to write, but I did it for you guys. I want to give a big thanks to all of the people who've supported me and helped me come this far with my blog. I never thought I'd be able to keep a blog that people would want to read. It hasn't been going for too long, but I'm so glad it's lasted as long as it has!
Thanks for reading! ☺